It has been exactly a week since I hosted (and posted) dinner at Pocket Square Farm. I admit I am much better and growing vegetables--and preparing them--than I am at washing the dishes. Clean up is definitely not my thing.
Of course, my lack of motivation to deal with the guerilla dining aftermath has been compounded by the fact that the lazy days of summer are rapidly coming to a sad and inevitable end. School starts Wednesday, September 8th. So although I'd like to spend my days in the garden planting garlic, pulling the last of the green beans, and shearing the strawberries, there are other, more pressing tasks at hand: rearranging the classroom furniture, refreshing my bulletin boards, purchasing and preparing student materials, and planning, copying, and planning some more. Teaching 4th grade may sound like a walk in the park, but trust me... it's not. I love my job, and my students, but this career is time consuming--life consuming.
I guess my gardening activities will have to be relegated to the weekends.
So it took me a while to get everything put away, but it's done now. The china is settled in the hutch, napkins and linens are folded and tucked away for another special occasion, and the crystal stemware was dried with care and placed far out of reach of little hands.
With all of the transitional chaos in my life right now, I have not made time to post any recipes... though I promise I will and soon. My very good friend Greta, however, has blogged on my behalf. Her praise is very sweet and way too generous, but it was fun for me to see the evening through her eyes (and camera lens).
Please visit her blog entry, A Home Grown Dinner (posted August 30th), by clicking here.
Tuesday, August 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment